Saturday, September 15, 2012

Detox Day 2: Challenges All Around

I woke up feeling completely awful.  No, not really a hangover, just suffered this morning from caffeine withdrawal.  Felt almost as terrible as a really bad wine hangover, but after drinking lots of water and taking a few Tylenol, I was back on track.  Today really wasn't that bad, I got creative at lunch time and made lettuce "tacos" stuffed with avocado and mushroom, with a blender mix of tomatoes and a dash of garlic seasoning and balsamic vinegar. 

GAROFALO'S HEALTHY TACOS

 Take fresh romaine lettuce as the shell, inside chopped up mushrooms and avocado, and then as a sauce, blended up cherry tomatoes, a splash of balsamic vinegar, and a little garlic seasoning.  They were FANTABULOUS and left me FULL!


At work, not so bad snacking on healthy stuff between shows and also hitting up the water cooler in studio as much as I can. 

The toughest part of my day was dinner.  It was my friend's birthday so we all went out to our favorite restaurant.  I had to watch bottles of wine and new types of martinis passed around the table while I patiently sipped on my water and lemon.  Then, ordering food was not fun, prying the waitress for every bit of info on the sides before settling for just raw and steamed veggies.  It was worse when our dinners came and there was lots of tasty treats from tuna to pasta to burgers.  But I was pretty proud, turning down bites of some of those mouthwatering dishes and enjoying my veggies with little bits of seasoning to spice things up.  The hardest part was people telling me, oh honey, you look great and not being as encouraging as other friends.  But I kept repeating in my head that I can do this, I will make these good choices and get through detox one day at a time.  Cheer to the freakin' DETOX weekend :)

~Meredith~

No comments:

Post a Comment