Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Detox Day 6: Still challenges...

One more day of detox!!!!  I'm really feeling better, more alert, focused, just in a good mood all around!  In a fashion show today, thankfully they had lots of water and veggies for the models so I was able to stay on track.  They did also have free wine...lots of it...and many of the others were offering me a glass, which I kindly had to turn down.  But I proudly explained why...and I think that made it all worth refusing to give in to the temptation.  Although I will not lie, there were AMAZING wraps and sandwiches there too that smelled and looked amazing, and as I scooped on my salad, I was a bit saddened inside.  It got a little tough too after when everyone went out for a cocktail and I sipped my water with lemon and raised it for cheers.  Again, it felt good explaining the challenge and detox but after about 30 minutes I had to go home.  It was SO TOUGH not to partake in the festivities.  I need more veggies so went to this AWESOME local farmer's produce market called Detwilers.  

I filled up my cart with LOTS of amazing fruits and veggies, also picking up some yummy non-fat Greek yogurt and fresh peanut butter once I get off detox. 
 
 I was shocked how much I spent: less than $40. 

And I have enough to fill my fridge now...not only is eating healthy helping my body but also my wallet!!  

I could spend $40 on 3 meals in one week only instead of days of different meals and snacks.  Win-win!!

When I got home, I had to crash.  But I got a good 2 hour nap in, woke up refreshed, and started a cooking party!  I made fresh salsa, baked some veggies, created a new asparagus dish by baking them in the oven, and took an unhealthy dish and enjoyed it fresh and better for me.  I'm talking about okra. 


I LOVE fried okra, oh my gosh I always order it as my side.  But today, I boiled and simmered it with some mushrooms and delicious!!  I've been full since dinner time too so this is nice :)

**RECIPE FOR SUCCESS**
Lemon Drizzled Asparagus
Need:
-Asparagus, fresh, washed with hard ends cut off
-Fresh lemons
-your favorite seasonings to taste

Heat oven to 300. Put the asparagus in foil, sprinkle whatever seasonings make you happy a little bit over the asparagus, then squeeze fresh lemon over them, wrap and foil.  Bake for 20-30 minutes, check and fork to determine if ready.  YUMMMMYYY!!!

Back to work tomorrow so checking out emails and getting story ideas for tomorrow, getting ready for bed, and then busy day tomorrow!  I'm going to give myself some time in the AM to pack up my meals for the day.  I'm feeling great, bring on the final day of the challenge!!!!

~Meredith~

No comments:

Post a Comment